Health & Safety
We play an important role in protecting our own health and safety as employees. You need to see yourself as the primary guardian of your own safety. Do not take it for granted that you are working at a safe worksite, or that your co-Team Members are working safely, or that the employer is going to be constantly reminding you of the risks. As a Team Member you need to think about the safety risks everyday, and take responsibility for your own safety.
Your Health and Safety matters and preventing workplace injuries is important to everyone, that’s why the Government has laws to protect the health & safety of Team Members.
A worker shall;
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the worker’s employer requires be wearing or using
- Report to his or her employer or Team Leader the absences of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself, herself, or another worker
- Report to his or her employer or Team Leader any contravention of the Occupational Health & Safety Act or the regulations or existence of any hazard of which he or she knows
- Comply with all Marineland of Canada Inc. health & safety policies:
- Do not operate equipment or machinery without given proper instruction and authority to do so.
- Horseplay and running will not be tolerated at any time.
- All personal protective equipment shall be worn properly and in accordance to departmental requirements.
- Do not climb on any racking, shelving, or fencing.
- Do not ride on any lifting devices in a manner that is unsafe.
- All long hair must be tied up to avoid tangling in machinery where applicable.
- Do not put any foreign objects (body or innate) into any machinery.
- Do not remove any machine guards.
- All safety signage is to be adhered to.
- Smoking (tobacco) will be allowed in accordance with regulations and Marineland of Canada’s policy. Please review the Substance Use Policy #1.3 for further information.
- Always ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported immediately to a Team Leader.
No worker shall;
Remove or make ineffective any protective device required by the regulations or by his or her employer without providing an adequate temporary protective device and when the need for removing or making ineffective the protective device that has ceased, the protective device shall be replaced immediately; or
Use or operate any equipment, machine, device or thing or work in a manner that may endanger him or herself or any other worker; or
Engage in any prank, contest or feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action up to and including employment termination.