Important Things to Know!
Our Mission is to ensure that every guest has a
W.H.A.L.E. of a day!
(World-class Hospitality Achieving Lasting Experiences)
Who Should Apply:
Marineland is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage students, adults and seniors to apply.
Canada is a multi-cultural country and Marineland appreciates diversity in our staffing.
Marineland of Canada Inc. receives more than 2,000 applications electronically for seasonal employment each year. Our screening process allows us to find people with the type of character that is the best fit for our organization and all applications are individually reviewed.
We are serious about the role that our employees play in providing exceptional customer service. It is the responsibility of all Team Members to ensure that each guest is treated with respect, dignity and care. We expect our employees to:
- Work safely, follow all policies and procedures
- Arrive for scheduled shifts on time
- Adhere to appearance standards
- Take pride in your job
- Keep the park clean
- Be a team player
In order to promote a family entertainment and vacation atmosphere at Marineland, the park maintains a set of grooming policies:
- no unusual or extreme hair colours are permitted (i.e. green, blue, pink)
- gentlemen are to be clean-shaven or have a trimmed beard
- hair length for males should be above the shirt collar or neatly tied back
- earrings are restricted to two per ear and no more than 1/2 inch in size
- visible face or body tattoos are not permitted-must be covered when wearing your uniform
- sunglasses should be worn in outdoor areas-mirrored sunglasses are not permitted
- Competitive wages
- Flexible work schedule
- Free parking
- Subsidized uniform purchase
- Free park entry on your day off
- Discount on food purchases (in uniform only)
- Discount at the retail store
- Employee recognition (WHALE DONE)
- Staff Events
- Complimentary tickets for family members
- Applicants must be 15 years old by July 1st of the current year
- A valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) must be provided at the time of hiring
- All employees must be able to work up to and including Labour Day weekend.
- All employees must complete Ontario Occupation Health and Safety Awareness Training prior to first day of work (link available on "Employment" home page
- Housing accommodations are not provided
- Candidates from outside Canada must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. Marineland does not provide work permits or arrange work visa.
- Limited hours are available in each department prior to and after peak season
The Interview Process:
Marineland of Canada Inc.’s interview process may include the automated generation of a prescreen interview date & time when you have electronically submitted your application online. This is not necessarily the case for all positions! All Pre-screen interviews take place at Marineland’s Administration Office located at 7885 Stanley Avenue South, Niagara Falls ON.
At the time of the prescreen interview, depending on availability (and if you qualify), you may be referred to the final departmental interview, the candidate will find out the day of departmental interviews if they are successful or not. In the case of more specialized roles, the department may interview all qualified candidates prior to making final selections.
- Be on time for all interviews
- Dress to Impress; athletic wear or beach wear is not recommended, avoid low necklines, shorts, tank tops and ill fitting clothing
- Avoid chewing gum
- Put away your cell phone!
- Be neat, clean and nicely groomed (avoid excessive use of cologne/perfumes etc.)
- Use a good handshake at either the beginning or end (or both) of an interview
- Use good posture – no slouching!
- Be polite, honest and sincere
- Make good eye contact, show interest in the position you are applying for
- Prepare a few questions of your own!